Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting back to Normal

The coolers are empty, the refrigerator is clean and re-filled. The lights seem to be staying on. Not as many roads are blocked for utility work, so I guess they are finally catching up, though the outage map still shows a lot more color than it should.

I made stewed tomatoes with many of the tomatoes I picked in a hurry right before the storm hit. Some of them went bad, but I saved quite a few more. I seasoned the tomatoes and plan to add them to store bought sauce over the winter. They are cooling now and will go into the freezer in a bit, This is the first time I have tried anything like this. I'm nervous. I hope we don't hate it.

I am off tomorrow because I have a "meet the new doctor" appointment in the morning. I will NOT try to drive into Baltimore later in the day with the Grand Prix road closures and limits on parking. I'm off on Friday due to the race but I think I'll do some work from home since we have power. I won't be as far behind when I get back that way.

I plan to spin more of that yummy Grafton batt tomorrow, and finish sewing down the edging of my cardigan. Tomorrow is knit night at the LYS and the last pre-season Ravens game, so I'll go to visit with friends at the store (the last time for 3 weeks) and then watch the recorded game. I don't know how exciting it will be since they don't expect to play many of the starters, but I can zip through the bad parts when I don't watch it live. ; )

1 comment:

EGunn said...

Glad things are getting back to normal after the storm. Sounds like it was quite a week waiting for things to calm down. There's nothing like home-preserved tomatoes...enjoy them!