Monday, August 08, 2011

Busy Weekend

I have never been to an NFL game despite being a big football fan. I still haven't been to a game, but at least I have now been inside the stadium. The Baltimore Ravens had a practice that the public was invited to attend at the Ravens stadium. DH and I decided to go. I was surprised that I wasn't overwhelmed with the size of the place - I had expected it to look bigger. I loved being, there, though, and seeing what the fans see during the games. Seeing the players in person, though not up close and personal, was very cool, also. We spent 2 hours there, then made our way home. The rest of the day was spent on household chores - laundry, lawn mowing, etc.

I did a lot of seam sewing on eldest son's afghan. It's the perfect thing to work on when you have little energy and it's hot and muggy outside. I have about 4 more feet of seam to sew and all that has been knitted will be sewn together. I have 2 squares knitted of the 12 more to go to complete the afghan. This has been years in the knitting but I am trying to finish it this year.

I spun a good amount of the remaining Romney fiber on Friday and Saturday, so I think I can finish the spinning in another day or two. I thought I would get more spinning done on the boat on Sunday, but the humidity was just horrible and made spinning very difficult. Even the cotton just wouldn't draft and wool wanted to cling to my skin.

I have a shawl that I've been working on intermittently for a while that went into time out due to a mistake that I found I could not drop down and fix. I brought that with me on the boat, got it ripped back and all of the stitches back on the needle. It is now ready to be knitted on again, and hopefully finished this summer. It's 10 rows of stockinette, a row of K2 tog, yo across the row, etc. until you reach a set number of stitches. then there is a lace edging. It will be very pretty once completed .....

Riff and Skyp (socks) are both progressing. The Rock Island Shawl edging grows one repeat at a time. Very slow progress there, but I am trying to avoid letting the new kid on the block take over my knitting time. I really want to finish up some of these other projects.

No blocking happened over the weekend. The weather was drippy and humid and just not cooperative even when we were at home.

We went out on the boat on Sunday - the motor cooperated and started when we needed it to. Yippee! We had lots of fun catching lots of fish. Even though none were big enough to take home for dinner, just bringing them into the boat was fun enough. The sunset was beautiful and we swam and laughed and relaxed.

Now it's Monday and I am back at work. I plan to work hard over the next few weeks to whip things into shape (as much as possible) because in one month I will be on vacation for almost 3 weeks! I can't wait!

No comments: