Wednesday, January 05, 2011

No pain, no gain?

Then I must be gaining something. Boy, those crunches hurt last night. But I did them and the other exercises I decided to start with. I'll increase after a week - it's been a long time and I don't want to hurt my very lazy muscles.

Spindle spinning happened last night after my sewing project was completed. The windows for the boat have new "pillowcases" to protect them. I spun Wensleydale on the spindle - it's so nice to spin.

I have about 5 more rounds to knit on the Vampire Boyfriend sock, ends to weave in and off to the post office they will go.

It's been cold here - not in the teens, but 20 something degrees each morning when I go out to my car. I've been wearing mittens, gloves, cowls, whatever it takes to protect myself from the temps and the wind whistling down the streets. It gives me ideas of what to knit with my handspun or other smaller amounts of yarn ....

Speaking of yarn, I won some! It's this lovely yarn in the Grape Jam colorway, won on the Violently Domestic blog, which I have been following for several months now. I can't wait to cast on. I get the pattern, too. (squeals with glee) I think, since this was a prize, that I don't have to finish anything else before I cast on, don't you agree?

There's nothing else new. I think Mom is happy to be home, though she enjoyed being with us for the holiday. I am trying to settle back into work after having so many days off. We'll take down most of the Christmas decorations this weekend, weather permitting, and watch football. Go Ravens!!!!

No comments: