Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Knitting update

We'll start off with my first FO in a while. These are the Vampire Boyfriend Socks from Knitty.com. They were knit with Cascade Heritage sock yarn in color 5656. I enjoyed knitting with this yarn. These went in the mail today to Molly at Celtic Swans in exchange for a set of hand forged bronze DPNs. I can't wait to see what Molly thinks of her socks and to get my new needles!



They look a little big on my feet - that's OK. The recipient has larger feet than I do and these should be just right.







I've been working on a wrap/lap robe using my handspun. I like it so far.










Next up is the yarn I received as a Christmas gift from Nancy. Actually, she gave me a gift certificate to our LYS and this is what I chose. It is a silk/cashmere blend and I plan to knit the Yarn Harlot's Pretty Thing cowl with it.

I might have swatched a little bit last night .... Yes, I know, I have things on the needles that need to be finished. Actually, I want to finish them. I just can't resist new yarn and I have been looking forward to knitting this cowl for a while now. I was helpless to resist.

I've gotten back on track with the knitting of the Four Quarters Pullover. I didn't take a photo because it doesn't look any different yet. I was 10 stitches short of the number I needed for each sleeve. Not sure how that happened, but it's fixed now. I hope that this time I will not be derailed and will be able to finish knitting it this weekend. Then I can hope to sew it together the next week and wear it by February.

I have about 3.5 - 4 inches of a man-sock foot knit to date. ; )) I didn't have it to photograph over the weekend, but I am basically following the Mr. Pitt's socks pattern (sorry, I can't find a link that works) and using this Regia yarn in color # 5476. It is basically a K3, P1 rib and I've reversed the pattern to knit toe up, since I don't know how long I can make the socks.

I still have to pick up stitches for the neck edging of the Slinky Ribs top. Yes, I know, just suck it up and get it done. I've needed simple knitting, lately, though and that just doesn't cut it. Soon ....

I am having a resurgence of the urge to knit lace again. I think the lace cowl will get me back into the swing of things and then I will get after one of the lace shawls I have on the needles Laminaria or A Curved Shawl with Diamond Edging by Jane Sowerby.

I think I'll go do my exercises now and then reward myself with some spinning. Have a good evening and if you are north of us, make sure you have your back brace on when you start to shovel.

No comments: