Wednesday, January 12, 2011

4 inches

It is better than the one or so I was fearing but not enough to make me really happy. I had hoped for 8 or so. We drove out in it a little bit last night as the snow was falling very thickly. It was magical! Big, thick, sticky flakes falling so fast, you couldn't really keep up with it. So nice ......
Even my drive in to work today (which I did after rush hour) was very pleasant. The trees were all still thick with snow and the browns and greys of winter were hidden for a while.

I plied my BFL singles last night and decided that a) I have spun enough that it would impact yardage if I "waste" what I've already spun and b) once plied, I like what I've done so far. I resumed spinning. I finished spinning the black Wensleydale last night but haven't plied that yet.

Has anyone ever unplied yarn they have already plied but didn't like? I plied some of the black Wensleydale with the Perfect Storm colorway and don't like it. I need suggestions as to whether it is possible to unply a skein (short one - not 200 yds or anything like that) and use the singles again. I predict a disaster, but am willing to give it a try if I hear that it's been done successfully before.

I knitted on DH's sock and looked out the window at the snow. A lot. Very often, actually. It was soooo pretty! We have a red twigged dogwood that looks so awesome in the winter, with really red branches and when the fresh snow is sitting on the branches, it's amazingly beautiful.

I don't feel well today and I'm not quite sure why. I think it will be a short work day and then home and take some extra vitamins and rest. After exercising and doing just a bit of spinning. Actually, I can do spindle spinning from my bed .... I have the I pad and my knitting to keep me sitting still and yet busy. Sounds like a plan to me.

Have a good day.

No comments: