Saturday, January 19, 2008

stranding progress

I have some progress to report on my stranded gloves. I just put the thumb gusset stitches on waste yarn.


Here you can see the pattern on the back of the hand.











This type of knitting is so much fun! I can't wait to see what each row will look like and I love watching the pattern develop.This is the palm pattern.












Karen and I walked today for the first time in a week and a half. I was just tired and a little deconditioned. Karen still has some cold symptoms, so she had a harder time. We didn't walk as far or as fast but we did walk and that felt good. Tomorrow might be a whole other story what with temperatures in the 20's and 25 mph winds predicted. We'll see how much determination we have.

The Christmas decorations and accesories have been put away for the season. This is a bigger task than it might seem. We pack that stuff (and there is a lot of it after being married for 30 years) under the stairs. One of us (ususally Bob) has to climb in under the stairs and kneel back there while the other person pushes the boxes and crates in to be fitted in just so, in the reverse order we will need them next November. Thank goodness that is done.

One more snow photo to share before I go. Football tomorrow. Hopefully spinning. Definately knitting. Sleep well.

No comments: