Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Friday and we had snow yesterday. It was a very good day.

I sat in the medical records area at work yesterday with the study monitor, discussing issues, making changes as needed and looking out the window. I have no windows in my office and snow was predicted. I watched and waited and sure enough, a few flakes started fluttering down. Then more, and then more. I was so excited - every few minutes I would exclaim aloud about the snow. The study monitor would look at me, smile a litle and move on. Finally I realized that she wasn't excited and didn't know why I was. Duh! She's from Michigan. She has already seen more of this stuff than she wants to see. Oh, well. I didn't need anyone else. I was excited enough by myself.

By the time I left to go home there were about 2 inches on the ground in Baltimore but it had stopped snowing. When I got home (to Bel Air, which is further north and a little further from the water) I saw that we had 4-6 inches on the ground! I was so excited. I immediately went inside for my new camera and took pictures. Lots of pictures, which I will share with you over time. Then I grabbed the shovel and cleared the parking pad and most of the driveway. I love shoveling snow. I did stop before finishing everything - I have back problems and wasn't stupid enough to try to do it all. Lots of fun!

I am going to see Atonement tonight - I know nothing about this movie or the book but have heard that it is good and I haven't been to the movies in over a year, I think. This will be fun.

DH and I are off together this weekend. We have a weekend of house projects and putting away holiday things planned. I am hoping to get back to walking, too. Hopefully the weather and returning health will assist with that. I want to do some spinning on my shawl fiber, also. I didn't get to pick up my Donegal Tweed yarn order last night because the store closed due to bad weather. Maybe tomorrow. And hopefully I will be able to get some good photos of my progress on Annemor # 12 (the Selvubotter gloves) and the alpaca socks. Who knows - by the time the weekend is over I might have a FO - my son's work socks. I started the ribbing. Bye.

No comments: