Monday, March 22, 2010

A sunny spring weekend

It was wonderful. The sun was shining, the temperatures were high enough for shorts and t shirts but not high enough to make working uncomfortable.

Clean clothes were dried on the line in record time.

Most of the shed trim was painted. I stopped due to the limitations of my body, not due to weather.

Garden clean up was done - not all of it, but a lot of the trimming that the bushes needed (mostly they belong to my neighbor but they grow over the fence to our side) was done. DH made a trip to the landfill today to get rid of the cuttings. We don't have a chipper. We are working on a yard renovation that hopefully won't cost too much money but will rearrange and make the yard more usable and easier to take care of.

Knitting was done, and a little spinning. The cashmere lace scarf body is complete. I have the edging to go. Yippee! It's almost there! DH's white sweater sleeve needs about 2 more inches of stockinette and then it's ribbing time. Next I will attack the second sleeve. I am sticking to my guns. Both the scarf and the sweater will be done in less than 2 weeks.

I knitted one square of the spiral stole in my new yarn color and like it. Now I have to wait for Angela to make her choice of yarn so we can knit this together. I knitted on the cabled socks from Handknit Holidays and am almost at the toe decreases. Boy, these socks are flying! Heavy worsted/chunky yarn knits up fast!

Have a great day.

No comments: