Thursday, October 08, 2009

not much news

It hasn't been a good week and I have made very little knitting progress as a result. The sock is a little longer and only 5 rounds from being at the heel. The "other" blue scarf is getting a little longer and I really think that this will be the one I keep rather than the first pattern. I like it a lot.

I worked for 14.5 hours on Wednesday, and my foot is hurting (from the surgery) quite a bit today. I have taken more medicine today for the discomfort in my foot than I took all of last week. I hope the inflammation dies down soon.

I am a big Diana Gabaldon fan, and got my mother reading the books also. We have entire conversations on the phone about Jamie and Claire, and even my husband knows who I am talking about when I mention those names. I pre-ordered the audio book version of her newest book and (while I was on the site) ordered a Mary Thomas book that I had been thinking about for a while. It arrived last week. (the audiobook has not yet arrived)


I believe that I am going to enjoy reading it. There are many interesting illustrations


and stitch pattern charts (hand written).



(I have no idea why these photos loaded in this direction, but I can't seem to change it. sorry)

I am going to go knit now so that I can say that I accomplished some knitting tonight. Have a great Friday.

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Sympathy. 14.5 hours is brutal even for young healthy people.

I almost bought that Mary Thomas book this past week. Online so I couldn't look at the inside. I finally decided to hold off, but I'm very interested in what you think of the content.