Sunday, May 01, 2011

Spinning night

I hosted a spinning gathering at my house on Friday night. There are a few us of that meet at the LYS on Thursdays who also spin. We thought it would be fun to get together just for spinning and talk about spinning. My living room is not all that big, but 4 of us had enough room to spin and show off our treasures. It was a good idea, I think and I hope we can get together again.

One of the fibers being studied in May for the Spinners Study group is Icelandic. I have been saving some Icelandic fiber that I purchased at Rhinebeck the last time I went there, and this is the perfect time to spin it, I think. I did a little test skein yesterday that I will wash today. It will give me an idea of what I might need to adjust. There is a shawl I have in mind that I hope to use this yarn for. It is called Whippoorwill. I have a light and dark grey to use and I think it will look great.

I spindle spun some more of my Wensleydale yesterday. I also knitted on the cardigan sleeves. I have started the sleeve cap shaping!

I weeded the garden, washed and dried clothes and spent some time looking at photos of the royal wedding. I hope you had a good day.

No comments: