Tuesday, February 09, 2010

snow is falling .... again







We are expecting another 10-20 inches of snow. This is unbelievable for this part of the country. We just don't deal well with this amount of snow. Bob and I grew up on Long Island during a time when there were, if not frequent, then at least not rare, heavy snowfalls. We are older now, I admit, and different responsibilities but I don't think that the world abruptly stopped due to a snow storm. It's hard to go on with life as you know it when all around you people are grabbing up all of the food at the grocery store and risking accidents to beat someone to the gas pump. It's crazy here!



We tried to get to the marina on Monday to check on the boat and do some snow removal. This is what we saw.




It's beautiful, isn't it?

We had to get down this road. It had not been plowed. Even with 4WD, with the snow almost 2 feet deep, we didn't risk getting stuck.

For perspective: that's a regular height stop sign.



Some little creature was getting around ....


Knitting.
These socks are actually finished and on my feet as I sit here typing.


I called these my plum sunshine socks. That's Cookie A's Sunshine pattern in the color plum. The yarn is Dragon's Stash sock yarn, knitted on size 1 Addi lace turbos (2). I love them.


This is my Mondo Cable Pulli in daylight. The yarn is Angels Kiss yarn in Ocean, being knitted on size 7 needles. I love the yarn and am thinking about what else I might make with it.



On days like today, it's hard to believe that we will have summer, but when it arrives, I will be ready. This is the Mondo Cable shell/tank top, being knitted in a discontinued Wool in the Woods Dunluce (cotton/rayon blend).


You can't really see this project very well, but it's the garter stitch shawl in a luscious alpaca yarn that I started this winter. I have completed about 2 of the 4 inches of K1P1 ribbing necessary for the edging. Isn't that color great?


My KAL tonight was cancelled due to weather. I am not sure when we will get started, but soon, I hope. Meanwhile I will work on the summer shell and on finishing up other projects. I've been trying to think of an Olympic challenge for myself and haven't settled on anything yet. That has to happen soon. The opening ceremony is just a few days away. I want to do something that is truly a challenge for me and yet a realistic goal. Hmmmm.....



No comments: