Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Productivity continues

Karen was scheduled to teach a class last night so we did not walk. It is absolutely amazing what I can get done when I am not expending all of my energy doing healthy things!

For instance, I washed, dried, folded and/or hung a load of laundry last night. I did my back exercises, which I have been neglecting lately. I also taped off the entry hall, cut in and rolled the primer (2 coats) on the part I could reach. I cleaned the painting supplies and put them away. I spun on my wheel for 20 minutes, I spun on my drop spindle for about the same time and I knitted 4 rows on my Cables and Os sleeves. I even waited up for DH to get home from work. (they have him scheduled for all evening shifts this week so we aren't seeing much of each other) Of course, I paid for the slightly late night this morning at 5:30, but it was worth it. ; )

I may have to give some thought to arranging to have at least one evening at home without walking during the week, every week(in addition to the knit night at the LYS). It is the time involved (1.25 - 1.5 hours) out of the day for the walk but it is also the fatigue when I get home (this walking happens after I have worked a full day and spent at least 2 hours in the car commuting) that keeps me from getting much else accomplished.

My new plants seem to be doing fairly well, with a couple of exceptions. My strawberry plants and the daisy that I planted in the pot with it got sunburned. I moved them under the shade cloth. I thought they required full sun, but maybe not. I have to look at the tag again (in the store, since I threw away the ones that came with the plants). Everything else looks good, and Mother Nature has been taking care of the watering for me. giggle.

The baby wrens in the bird house are chirping away. I have no idea when flying day will be here but I hope I get to see it. The robins who built a nest under our deck have at least 2 eggs, possibly more. I can't see the whole nest from my viewing point on top of the deck so I am not sure how many eggs are really in there. We have a 2 level deck and the robins like to build a nest on the cross beams just under the upper level. I can look through the gaps between the deck boards on top and see into the nest, but not the whole thing. I try not to bother them often, and sometimes I am quiet enough that they don't even know I am there. The adult will stay on the nest until I make a noise or they go to get some food.

It's my lunch time at work and I need to get back to work. Have a great day. Tonight hopefully I will be seaming the shoulders of the sweater and forging ahead with the sleeves.

No comments: