Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spinning happened here

I hope you all had a great weekend. Spinning did happen here! Saturday and Sunday saw spinning in small amounts. I spun only 5-10 minutes at a time to accomodate the shoulder and back, but it added up.

On the left you see my bobbin at the start of the weekend, and on the right you see my bobbin earlier today. Definately more singles there and I have done more spinning since then.























I cast off my sock, so now I have a pair. To re-cap - I dyed this fiber at my house last summer. I painted the corridale roving, put it in the microwave, rinsed and air dried it. I spun the fiber trying to maintain long color sections, and plied the multicolor with the yellow single. The yarn was a screamer so this is a stockinette sock.





























I cast on for another sock. I always have a sock in the works for traveling. This yarn was gifted to me as part of the mitten swap I participated in last fall. It will be either stockinette or ribbing to let the yarn do the talking.








I worked on the Diamond Fanstasy Shawl.
















And I worked on the Cables and O's cardigan.
















In addition to all of that, all of *my* stuff is back in the bedroom (DH still has some work to do), the laundry is done and most of it was line dried (I love that scent of line dried clothes) and I think we found a vehicle for DH to replace the one that is very old and wants to retire. Karen and I walked Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and OS X has been updated so we can finally get to work on the taxes.
Whew! I think it's time for bed. Well, maybe a few more rows on Cables and O's......

1 comment:

Snarsh said...

I hope you enjoy that sock yarn!