Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It's amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it....

It's been a busy week so far. We bought (but have not yet picked up) a new (to us) vehicle to replace DH's well used Explorer. We moved up a step in the size department. We now own an Expedition. I know, the mileage will make me gasp and feel faint. But we do need a large engine to tow our boat - several thousand pounds up and down hills and slippery boat ramps etc. and it has to be 4 wheel drive to go on the beach when we do surf fishing. The combination was very hard to find in a smaller vehicle within our price range. The good news is that I have permission (DH actually brought up the subject himself!) to bring as much yarn as I want on trips. Can you believe it?

I have been spinning most evenings for about 30 minutes. It doesn't make for speedy results but it does provide steady progress and that's MUCH better than no progress.




I have knitted about 3.5 inches on my new sock and I love the way it is coming out.



I have managed a few rows on Cables and O's every day



The Diamond Fantasy Shawl has not seen any growth since the weekend.

My back exercises are getting done daily and I have graduated to once/week appointments instead of twice. We haven't walked since Sunday but will get to walk on the trail today and it is so nice outside.

One wall of the living room was primed and got a coat of paint last night. (So did my hair!) Not only do I not like the color but when we took off the tape (for cutting in on the edge) some of the new paint came off with it. I am not sure what that's from but we need to find a fix. I think it's because the paint is a year old. DH disagrees. He's checking with the paint department at Home Depot today.

Anyway, I've been more productive than I thought I could manage (at work, too) and that's good. I am sleeping well and getting healthier (though I am not loosing weight, which is a bummer). Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is coming up soon - that's a great weekend for me, and it falls soon after my birthday. I can't wait. I signed up for a class but I won't know whether i got in for a while yet. It's OK either way.

ETA I looked at the paint color in the daylight. It's better, but I would still rather change it. No word on what to do about the paint coming off with the tape. Also, we walked our 4.5 miles today and it was great to be out in the sunlight on the trail. Have a good evening.

2 comments:

Karen Frisa said...

As much yarn as you want on trips? Yippee! And your Cables & Os is freakin' *huge*!

Molly said...

Wow you've been getting a ton of stuff done. I'm struggling along to finish one sweater and get laundry done.