Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Work gets in the way

If only .....

I have lots of if only's. This particular one is if only I didn't have to work, I could gets lots more knitting done.

The baby sweater is going fairly quickly but I am trying to spend time on DH's sweater, also, and they are both cotton, so I have to be careful to not overdo and get sore hands and/or wrists. The sleeve cap on DH's sweater looks like it will work this time .... I have to knit further before I can have him try it on to see whether the gusset worked and will be comfortable for him.

No Laminaria knitting was done last night. I always get home later on Mondays and by the time we finished eating, I did the dishes (DH does try to plan meals with little clean up on Mondays) and cleaned the paint brushes from the weekend boat painting, it was too late for that much concentration. Tonight, though, 2 more rows at least. : )


This is a swatch I knitted with some yarn I purchased at MD S&W. It's a wool/cotton blend from Shelridge farm. I love the rustic look and feel of it and I am looking for the right cable or other decorative item to knit into the fronts, leaving the remainder of the sweater plain stockinette. I liked this pattern in the book, but on the knitting it looks more like a spider than a celtic know. Spiders are OK, but not on my sweater. This one gets frogged.

My veggie garden is disappointing this year. I planted with care, fertilized as I planted, and we had so much rain at that time that I didn't need to water. Still everything is growing very slowly and just not thriving. I took some soil samples, then fertilized again. I hope to get the soil samples analysed by the county extension service to tell me what's wrong and what I need to do to fix it. we have noticed a tendency for things planted at the upper (closer to the house) part of the garden to fare better than the lower end, both in our yard and the neighbors, though more so in ours. It is down hill, but not a steep hill. It's a mystery to me. I usually kill only plants growing inside and do pretty well with the outdoor stuff. The only veggie that is doing well is the upside down tomato plant. It looks pretty good.

The flowers on the deck are doing well, don't you think?





No comments: