Thursday, February 26, 2009

I wanna head west

Stitches started Thursday in CA. Karen will be/is there and I want to be. I also very much what to go to the Sock Summit after looking at the list of instructors. What a Who's Who of knitting that is! Finances will not allow that particular indulgence for sure. Oh, well. I have yarn and can knit, a roof over my head and food n the pantry. I am not sure whether I should be depressed because I have lowered my expectations of what to be thankful for or whether I should be proud of myself for adjusting to changing times and things I have no control over.

I am knitting the transition chart of Laminaria and my next row includes somehow making 9 stitches out of very few. I am concerned about getting it right and I can't decide whether to try it while at the Needle Exchange at my LYS to have support or to wait unitl I am home so that I can work on it un-interrupted.

Rob's sock heel flap is complete and I am ready to turn the heel.

ETA I have finished the row I dreaded on Laminaria and it was stressful because I was worried but came out just right! I am almost finished with the transition chart. this is what the make 9 out of 2 or 3 looks like. I can't wait to see this shawl develop.



















Today's weather is ever changing and I have the headache to prove it, so I am home from work. I plan on knitting, spinning and if the headache improves enough, washing the kitchen floor. How's that for a Friday off? Have a good weekend.

No comments: