Sunday, April 13, 2008

I am back

I’ve been busy and I’ve been sick and I’ve been nursing DH.

Last Sunday I got sick and spent a couple of days in bed. Thursday DH got sick – different illness – and he’s much sicker than I was, so I’ve been trying to nurse him. He is a terrible patient when it comes to being sick, so my biggest challenge is not killing him. LOL.

I have made progress on Cables and O’s though not as much as I would like since I didn’t knit for 4 days. I have a few more inches to go before it's time for the arm holes.



I made progress just tonight on the diamond fantasy Shawl. It's all scrunched together on the needle for this photo, but it is wider than this, I promise. I have one and about a quarter pattern repeats to go. Yippee!



I did one pattern repeat on my hemp top (forgot to get pics in the daylight) and now I need to figure out the placement of the armholes. The pattern may have an error or I might not be thinking things out well, but I am not happy with what I see so far. I may have to go see the Knit Doctor at my LYS this week to check out the placement of the arm hole markers before I do any knitting of sleeves.

I’ve been spinning! I decided to spin the latest fiber selection from the Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club and found that I really like African Fine. I did a Google search but couldn’t come up with any information on the fiber but I really like it. The staple length seems to be about 4 inches and it’s very soft. I split the roving length wise into 3 sections, weighed them to try to get the sections pretty even and am spinning to make a 3 ply. I have no idea what I will make with it, but it’s a lot of fun to spin. The fiber drafts easily and the colors are entertaining to watch.





















I had a very productive weekend. Laundry was washed and most of the clean clothes were hung on the line to dry, lots of cleaning was done, some of the summer clothes were taken out and some winter things put away, groceries were purchased, and Karen and I walked about 3.5 miles Saturday (we hadn’t walked in a week and thought we should not kill ourselves the first day back at it) and 4.5 miles today. Good for us! Plus I actually cooked dinner and did my back exercises.

Monday morning is never any fun and I think I should go to bed and get ready for mine. I hope to post more regularly again – we’ll see. Have a good week.

No comments: