I can't wait for Melanie to make her pattern available! It's a very cute hat, and interesting and quick knit. I finished last night after casting on Thursday evening. It' blocking now and I hope to get photos soon, and Melanie's permission to post.
I cast on Steven's neck warmer this morning. I have decided to use the Wurm hat pattern as my guide and will just knit until I run out of yarn, though I am pretty sure I will use 2 skeins in order to make it tall enough for him to pull over his nose and ears should the weather demand it. He liked that option with the previous one I knitted for him.
I am working on Topiary as my other Iknitarod project and finished up the 5th pattern repeat a little while ago. I will really have to work hard to get this project finished in the next 2 weeks since 5 pattern repeats is only 1/3 of what I need.
My brother sent a new wool comb and hackle in the mail. This time he put the nails 1/4 inch apart instead of 3/8 as in the first ones. He shipped them unassembled, so DH has some work to do, but I am anxious to try the finer comb and hackle.
We have a leak. We had narrowed it down to the chimney area and DH put a tarp over the chimney cap before the latest rains. Sure enough, no water. So that locates the source, now we have to figure out how to fix it and/or who to hire to fix it. I think it's a good thing that the roof itself is not leaking.
I did a bit of spindle spinning this weekend and have been knitting a lot more than I had in the last 2 weeks. it feels good.
Well, I think that's enough break time. Back to Topiary.