Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Home Again

I am home from work again today. I am working from home, but not making the drive into Baltimore (35 mi. each way) on icy roads. My son literally slid down the driveway and had to walk in the snow on the front yard to get back up. The road is somewhat better, but it's not worth the risk to me when I can do work from home.

I have news on another almost FO. Last night I bucked up and picked up stitches to complete Slinky Ribs. I have completed it, actually, and wove in the ends, but I am not 100% happy. The pattern calls for stockinette edging, which was fine on the little button band. Around the neck, though, I might prefer ribbing. I plan to try it on and re-evaluate. The worst is over, though. I can leave the stitches that I picked up on the needle and just rip back to that first row, then rib the edging (3-4 rows) if desired. I think I'll try it on, block it, and then decide. Yippee! Almost there.

Next up - a lace shawl, the Honka scarf and maybe a 3/4 knitted vest ......

No comments: