Monday, February 07, 2011

Go, Pack, Go!

The Packers won the Superbowl!!!! They beat the Steelers!!!! It was a great game, too - very close and it came down to the last minute of play. What a game! I am so glad the Steelers lost. (evil grin) I work with a lot of Steelers fans and I can't wait to gloat. ; )

I had a wonderful weekend over all. Thursday night at the LYS knit nite, we had a good time and I was glad to get out of the house and away from a sick husband. Lots of people were talking about the PJ party KAL for the linen stitch scarf being held the next night. I wasn't going to go because I didn't want to leave DH alone 2 nights in a row, but when I got home and mentioned it to him, he encouraged me to go. I thought about it the next day and decided that since he would probably be going to bed about the time I would be leaving anyway, I would go. As it turned out, he was feeling much better and was still up when I got home, but was happy for me to have gone. It was great fun and I decided to knit the KAL scarf after all. I chose colors that my friend Cheryl might like. The scarf will be a gift for her, most likely.

Saturday was rainy and cold - pretty disgusting weather, actually. I didn't get a lot accomplished in the house (though I did spin some Finn) and then met my friend Charlotte and her daughter for dinner. Charlotte and I haven't seen each other in quite a while so we had a lot to talk about. We used to work together in the ICU ages ago. She still works in the ICU at a different hospital. It was a wonderful evening. DH had decided to treat himself to dinner at a nearby buffet place (obviously feeling much better) and we sat and chatted when I got home.

Sunday was a beautiful day - sunny and warmer than it's been in a while. I hung clothes on the line to dry (I had to plan carefully because there is still quite a bit of snow on the ground and I had to avoid dragging clothes in the snow), sat on the deck in the sun and knitted, and DH and I went for an exercise walk together. Then we watched the Superbowl together (eldest son joined us once he got home from work). When I drove DH to get his fountain drink after the game, we discovered that it had gotten colder than we thought - at one point I found myself unintentionally in the oncoming lane due to ice! I had only been going at about 25 MPH! Very scary. We got home safely, though. I ended up going to bed with a horrendous headache that did not respond to Imitrex (therefore was not a migraine, though it felt like it) and was awake with it off and on until about 2 AM. UGH. Not a good ending to a great weekend.

The Zauberball socks are complete (another FO!!!!) and have been handed to DH for wearing. I added an inch to the original length (since they were intended for me at the start) and I think they will fit well. I had to rip back the foot of the Regia Mr. Pitt's socks. I had misjudged and the foot was about a half inch too long. That ripping is complete, and I am back on track, building a gusset. The KAL scarf (Churchmouse Linen Stitch Scarf) is about 1 inch deep. It's 450 stitches, knitted the long way, so each row takes *a while*.

I finished spinning the third bobbin of Finn and plied up what I had on the bobbins. I have not yet taken it off the plying bobbin so I have no idea of yardage yet. I think I'll spin a different fiber for a while and then go back to the Finn just so I don't get bored. I spun more masham on the spindle and hope to ply what is on the two spindles one evening this week. I want to see how the plied yarn handles before I spin more.

I had intended to knit on eldest son's afghan during the game and I did complete one square and start another after weaving in the ends on DH's socks. No lace knitting during the game (I was too excited) or after (due to the headache).

This week I plan to knit some lace each night, ply the Masham, then spin more of that, decide on my next wheel spinning fiber, and see if I can find my place on the vest. I will continue to knit on DH's sock as my travel project.

I've been pretty good about my exercises so far this year. I think I've exercised 5 days out of every 7. I have added enough exercises and reps to divide my workout now. I will be alternating "floor exercise" (sit ups, push ups, planks, some leg strengthening) days with arm and weight bearing exercise days. When I can, I'll walk, too. I'm not loosing weight (that's because I can't stop junk food intake) but the muscles are stronger and getting more toned each week.

I understand that we are expecting some unknown amount of snow again this week. We'll see. Meanwhile, enjoy.

No comments: