Monday, April 05, 2010

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy ....

I had a great and productive weekend. The sunshine did indeed shine on my shoulders for most of the weekend and I loved every minute of it.

Angela has her yarn for the spiral stole so we can both get serious. (grin) Because I had a bit of a head start, I completed my 3 squares for last week. She picked up her yarn on Thursday night but had another project to finish, so I am not sure whether she knitted any squares over the holiday weekend or not. The squares are a bit fussy to get started, but once the first 4 rounds are knit, it gets better and the rest of the square goes pretty quickly.

I finally got out to buy the white elastic for the sleeve of DH's sweater and finished one cuff. The other sleeve needs only about one inch of stockinette and then the 3 inches of ribbing. The collar (simple ribbed crew) comes next (and hopefully will only have to be knitted once) and then it will be wearable. Finally.

The Curved Shawl with Diamond Edging from Victorian Lace Today acutally looks like the start of a shawl! There is enough of the pattern there now to see the over all effect. The colors are rather intense - this shawl will have to be worn with black or white or other neutral tones, but I love it. This project will be a while in the works. It requires concentration to knit correctly - no knitting while chatting with this one! LOL.

The Log Cabin sock is past the heel flap and about halfway through the gusset decreases.

In other areas, DH rented a rototiller this weekend to till up my new veggie garden. It was too early - the ground was still too wet and the tiller kept getting clogged, not able to dig in deeply enough. We'll have to go through that another weekend, after it's been dry all week.

The gardens are cleaned up from winter and spring bulbs are up all over. Some of the summer blooming stuff is poking heads out of the ground, too. It's hard to believe that it's early April, but I am appreciating every second of this nice weather.

I hope to have photos soon of the status of my projects. Enjoy spring.

No comments: