Monday, October 01, 2007

Hiho, hiho, it's back to work I go

It was truly a Monday morning this morning. I had to go back to work after 2 weeks off. I know, I should be very thankful that I had vacation time, and that we had the money to go on vacation, and I am, but going back is so very hard to do. It actually wasn't a bad day. I am caught up on all email and phone messages, though there is still a lot of work to do.

I had planned - looked forward to, actually - getting home from work and starting a walking regimen. Again. I usually do well with my walking during the cooler weather, even during the winter, but not in the summer heat and humidity. It was not to be today, though. I had to stop and pick up a prescription on the way home. I did that, took it out to the car and returned to the store with my vacation film to be developed. I drove home anticipating a quick grilled cheese sandwich with a home grown tomatoe, then a nice 1.5 mile walk, then some Monday night football and knitting before bed. I got home and couldn't find the prescription I had just picked up. I searched my bag, the car, my bag again, then sighed and drove back to the store, feeling sure that I had dropped it outside the car. No white phamacy bag. I checked inside the store. No one had turned in a lost prescription (it wasn't the kind of thing anybody could have gotten money for). Bigger sigh. Drive home, check the car and my bag again. No luck. Well, I suppose I will have to do without until they get more in at the pharmacy. Time to make that sandwich and eat - it's almost 8 PM and I ususally eat by 6:30. Oops, what's that on the counter? My medicine. It must have grown legs - I swear I have no idea how it got there. Biggest sigh.

I did finish the 3 singles I was spinning. Now I have to ply them. I think I will wait until the weekend. I am going to a spinning weekend get-away! We leave on Friday and don't have to leave until Sunday afternoon and it's a whole weekend of spinning and eating. Mostly chocolate. See, I needed that walk tonight. Grrr. I will walk every day this week, and on the weekend. I promise.

I think I will work on that scarf from Victorian lace. Have I told you how much I love that book? Beautiful patterns and wonderful information. That's all for tonight. Tomorrow I will tell you about my spinning projects and progress. Have a good evening.

1 comment:

Karen Frisa said...

I had that problem recently -- the one where something magically jumps from the place you left it to some other far-away place. If Moneypenny were still at your house, you could blame her.

Spinning & chocolate -- yippee!!!