Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Catching up

I am not sure what to blame my lack of blogging on. Karen and I started walking daily, or as close to it as we can come (for exercise, not just a stroll) a little over a week ago, and that has certainly taken some of my time and energy. There's also work and knitting competing for my time, not to mention housework and laundry.
My mother fell a few days ago, and I have been worried about what the cause might be and whether it might happen again, with a worse aftermath. She lost consciouness, hurt her arm and head (probably giving herself a concussion, since she's been nauseated and had a headache since) and has some memory issues. No, she hasn't seen the doctor yet. Why? Because she doesn't think she needs to. I am concerned, and my husband is concerned. He called her and told her that she has to take better care of herself, since she's the only parent we have left. I think that got to her. Yes, he's a good guy, but he's taken, so back off. ; )

I finished the mittens for the mitten swap, and I have packed the box with most of the goodies. I am waiting for a few more things to arrive that I purchased on line and the whole thing will be sent out. No photos yet, since the recipient has not gotten the package.

I finished the side to side garter gloves, including the cuff and weaving in all ends. I just have to find 2 buttons that look right and they will be wearable. I am reasonably happy with them, and think I will make another pair, but in softer, slightly fuzzier yarn. The gloves include short rows for shaping and I don't like that you can see the turning spots so easily in this smooth yarn I used. Photos with the next post, since the batteries on the camera just decided that they were tired and need to be recharged.

I do have photos of the Twisted Flower socks I finished a short time ago. I loved this pattern, and it was a joy to knit in Shelridge Farms yarn.


























And here's the heel, which was a good part of the reason I chose this pattern.

















Now I have a dilemma. Do I get back to work on the lace scarf I am knitting from Victorian Lace or do I cast on for the merging colors mobius capelet? I have finished 2 projects recently, so I could justify starting something else. On the other hand, this lace scarf, which I like, by the way, has been on the needles for a while. It would be nice to finish it. Not only would I have one more project crossed off my UFO list, but I would have a beautiful scarf to either enjoy myself or to gift to someone for the holidays. What would you do?

1 comment:

Karen Frisa said...

What would I do? I think that's not the right question (besides, you know the answer to that one). What do I think you should do? Definitely cast on for the moebius. It's good to have that CO out of the way so that you can easily pick it up and work on it over the weekend. So CO, then set it aside and work on the lace scarf. You'll have a project that needs more attention and a project that doesn't need as much. :)