Saturday, July 03, 2010

Tour de Fleece











I started this morning after making my selections last night.
I'll be spinning 4 oz. blended wool top in champagne, 4 oz. superwash BFL in Lame duck Mallard and 4 oz. black merino wool, then plying them together for a 3 ply.



If I get this finished before the end of the TdF, I will spun some superwash BFL, undyed, that I was gifted last year of choose another 4 oz. bump from my Spunky Eclectic fiber club.

On the spindle I am working on my Wensleydale Perfect storm. I have some blue merino/silk on another spindle that I would like to finish and I want to finish spinning and plying the llama top that I was working on at MD S & W. I also have some silk hankies that need to be finished up, but I won't commit to that at this point since I don't know how much time I'll have for each kind of spinning.


We're heading out on the water today to enjoy a day on the water and to see some firework displays from there later on. I plan some spindle spinning, of course, and knitting on Slinky Ribs and the V neck cardigan, maybe the lace scarf I started a while ago for mom. It should be an enjoyable day.

Tomorrow we will clean and prep for guests coming later in the day for our own fireworks display. Good food, good company (I hope for no migraine - it would be a nice change of pace) - another good day.

Today is robin flying day. I saw one leave and will post pictures tomorrow or Monday. I'm going to check on them now. Have a great Independence Day

No comments: