Sunday, July 25, 2010

Goal accomplished!

When I started the Tour de Fleece, I had no idea what I would be able to accomplish. I didn't want to set my self up for failure, but I didn't want it to be too easy, either. I settled on a goal of spinning at least 2 or 3 (4) ounce bumps of my fiber stash on the wheel plus some spindle spinning each day, and I've reached that goal! That's not to say that I am stopping here, but I feel so good that I've reached my goal! I have spun more than 12 oz. of fiber on the wheel (I am probably at about 14 oz. right now but too lazy to take out the scale). I have to point out, though, that I have not plied any of it. That lack is due to the fact that I have to get some black dye and dye some fiber (8 oz) and spin it up to ply with the other fiber I've spun. These first two bobbins I spun up are going to be plied with a third ply of black:










Then this fiber




will be plied with this one that I am spinning now


and the third, black ply for another yarn. I think I'll get some interesting yarns with good yardage from this and am looking forward to knitting with them.

I am waiting for Amy at Spunky Eclectic to send my coordinating solid Wensleydale to spin up to be plied with the Perfect Storm for (I hope) some lace weight yarn for a shawlette. Meanwhile I am carefully spinning my beautiful silk fiber.



On the knitting front: The V neck cardigan sleeve is growing. I have almost finished another spiral square! The Mata Hari sock is back on track. The wrap/lap robe from hand spun yarn was frogged and started again with different yarn and I am happier.

No comments: