Monday, September 28, 2009

Finished project

I bound off the mobius last night. This yarn was gifted to me last year, and started out as several different things, none of which totally suited it. Finally I settled on a basket weave pattern for a mobius, and I love the way it came out. It wraps twice around my neck nicely, and can easily be pulled up over my head if needed - I love that about a nice mobius. No need to carry/wear a scarf and hat. Here it is in all of it's blue and purple glory. ; )





Yesterday had some sunny periods (I managed to catch about 10 minutes worth - gotta build up that Vitamin D) but I did indeed spend the day knitting and watching football. The Ravens and the Broncos (my two favorite teams) won! I only watched about half of the Sunday night game because I was tired and hoped to feel well enough to go into work this morning.

I bound off the first sleeve on DH's sweater and picked up the stitches for the second sleeve, working on the short row sleeve cap for a while before I got tired. Then I moved on to the mobius and finished that off. My next project to finish (because it doesn't need a lot of work to get to the end) is the felted bag my MIL started for me the month before she died. I decided to finish it but couldn't work on it right away. Once I got started, the work flew, but then it got warm ....
Anyway, I am on the last 5 rows, it's going quickly and I should be binding off and felting by the weekend. The I cord is already done for the straps, though I might decide to buy some leather straps once I look at the finished project.

Tonight is Monday night football and I will watch that until half time, knitting on the felted bag and then the sleeve for the Elemental Boatneck. Sleeve island. That's where I am, but I will keep at this until they are both FOs. I will not let myself cast on for anything new until then. I have that new yarn I just bought .... I will be strong. If I am too tired at the end of today (I did make it into work) to knit, I will just browse through some patterns to see what might work for the new sock yarn and/or the mini mochi ?scarf.

Spinning fell by the wayside during my illness the last few days, and I won't try it tonight, but maybe by tomorrow .... at least some drop spindling, I hope. I don't want to loose what I have gained in my ease with spinning.

Speaking of loosing and gaining, this not feeling well has helped the number on the scale. I lost 5 -8 pounds in the last month. I don't obsess about the exact number, I just watch trends, and depending on which weight I go by before vacation and which one I go by over the weekend, I have lost more than 5 but less than 10 pounds. That's good. I'd like to loose another 5 or so pounds, don't know if I can manage it, but will keep trying to cut down the junk food. That's really all I've done, and having no appetite does help. I have been eating meals, though, and fruit, so I am doing the weight loss in a healthy manner. And I still allow chocolate daily, but much less than before. Next thing will be slowly adding some exercise. I hope to try riding my bike this fall, once I get healthy. Right now I would be lucky to make it around my block once. LOL

Here's a view of my son's cat Moneypenny in a rare position - on DH lap. She is not a lap cat by any means, but didn't wish to be disturbed for a while yesterday evening.





No comments: