Friday, March 06, 2009

Spring is here, I think

Instead of 5 degrees in the morning, it was in the 30's! Instead of shivering and running to my car in the morning, I was able to just walk. I am very ready for spring.

Last night was the Needle Exchange at my LYS. There was a big crowd since it was also a KAL night for the Great Aran Afghan KAL that is going on there. Those of us not doing the KAL pulled away from the table and sat around the edges so that those who needed the table for charts and such could use it. It was great to see so many people there and knitting happily (for the most part) away. I worked on my grey striped vest.

Today I have been working on DH's white sweater. I have probably knitted about 2 inches since I frogged it to the under arms. Some day it will be finished, and it will fit him, darn it.

I looked at the spinning wheel and drop spindle tonight - -I have really been enjoying spinning a little each day. But my neck has been bothering me a lot the last two days, even causing a migraine, so I thought I was better off knitting and reading and writing blogs for tonight.

Tomorrow Karen and I walk for the first time in almost 2 weeks. The weather should be good and Karen will have stories to share about her trip to CA. Maybe that will help take our minds off our sore bodies as we labor up and down those hills on the trail. Bob and I will then go to the marina so that he can work on the boat prep work. I will keep him company. And knit, of course. In fact, I may even bring my drop spindle.

Karen, welcome home. This is what you missed while you were away.



I think I will go try to fix the mistake I found on my Honka scarf. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Karen Frisa said...

I still think that there is a plot to deceive me about the weather while I was away. I'm not sure how you got the airport shuttle van driver in on it, but good work!

I forgot to say in my last comment that the bird tracks and Stanley were both very cute!