Wednesday, March 04, 2009

80 yards or so of handspun yarn

I know that doesn't sound like a lot, and it's not, really. But I spun and plied it on my drop spindle. Plying was very tedious - I had no tension on the singles so they kept twisting back on themselves. I will have to figure a different way to do that. But I like my yarn and I enjoyed spinning it. I will do more of this drop spindling thing. ; )



It was 5 degrees in Bel Air when I left for work this morning. Brrrrr. Strange to think that it is supposed to be 60 degrees this weekend. It's already Wednesday, so the weekend isn't far away. I am ready for the warmer weather for sure. Maybe Karen and I can walk and not freeze on Saturday morning. Karen is due back from CA Friday night and will be much happier if the temperature is higher when she arrives.

Mom is coming to visit either this weekend or next, and we will go to the Flower show at the fair grounds. It has become a tradition that we have only broken once and I look forward to it. Since eldest son is living with us right now, space is a little tight, but we'll work it out. We'll browse, shop, daydream about what we would do with our gardens *if only* and come home with some spring flowers to brighten things up. We'll watch HGTV, eat too much and talk a lot. Fun.

Tonight I plan to work on the curtain liner again for a while - at least get the lining pinned or basted in the correct place so that I can sew it. Then I will knit on the Honka Scarf - I have a goal of knitting 10 rows tonight.

-------------------------------------
OK, change in plans. Mom is coming next weekend so we can hit the Orchid show as well as the big flower show. And I am not working on the curtain liner. I will spin tonight. Much more fun. ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks great! now you have to decide what you are going to make with it!

Enjoy the flower show, look forward to some colorful photos!