Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Love vacation, hate return to work




I've been gone, as you have probably noticed. We went to Long Island (NY), way out on the east end, to Montauk. We stayed in a hotel right on the ocean, and I got to go to sleep each night with the sound of waves crashing on the beach - loverly! We even stayed an extra day!

The weather was good most of the time, and we spent a lot of time on the boat (my husband's favorite place in the world). We went fishing every day, and we both caught many bluefish. I mean, we caught enough that we threw a lot back in the water (right away, so they weren't hurt). Still, we brought home a lot of fish meals.

There were beautiful sunsets



















the light house viewed many different ways
































the very dependable buoy system that intrigues me so much


























and, of course, and yarn store stop. What would vacation be without a yarn store visit? I came home with some fine alpaca to make a vest for younger son. We had discussed colors and shapes and gauge before, and I thought I had a handle on what he wanted. From his reaction, I think I hit the nail on the head. Now I can continue to swatch and do my calculations for casting on. Yippee! I will make this vest top down so he can try it on and decide on the length as we go. The colorwork will be completed early on and the remainder will be mostly stockinette, but I love this yarn so much that I don't think it will bother me at all. Besides, that's good football watching knitting, that stockinette. ; )


























More next time.




No comments: