Sunday, September 28, 2008

Have I told you lately how much I love knitting?

I can't seem to stop. It's all I want to do. I have many projects going and I am not at all stressed by that right now. I just calmly and happily go about knitting on which ever project moves me at that time. 

The Mountain Colors Mountain Goat yarn that I picked up at KDO is becoming a seed stitch vest.  I detest seed. That K1 P1 is so annoying. In my present frame of mind, however, the annoying seed stitch  transforms itself into being a good chance to improve my continental purling skills.  It's baffling! But just look at how the jewel tones in the yarn glow.  (clicken to embiggen)




The Thelonious sock sock is 47 of 70 rows into the leg and moving along nicely.

Bob's miles and miles of stockinette are actually nearing an end, for the body, at least. He tried it on yesterday and within about 3 inches I will change form stockinette to ribbing. 2 x 2 not K1 P1, thank goodness! 1 x 1 ribbing might just put and end to my happiness with the seed stitch. giggle. I have already begun the first sleeve. I picked up stitches around the armhole and did short rows for the sleeve cap and have finished the sleeve cap and begun sleeve decreases. 


The lace scarf has only made a little progress recently, but I love it still and will probably knit on that some while watching football today. I was a little worried about the length of the scarf since it's pretty wide - about 8 inches unblocked. But I have about 26 inches in length, stretched manually, not blocked, and I have used a little less than one of the two balls I purchased. I think it will be long enough and very soft around my neck.


 
I am also still slooowly working on the cashmere scarf in pinks, blues and lavenders, but other projects are interesting me more right now, especially since the cashmere is such a fine yarn.
I have been interested in projects that are easier to make and show progress faster. I'll get back to it, have no fear.

We had an unexpected visitor this morning. I set out my new birdfeeder, made by my brother to accommodate cardinal feeding.



A cardinal was not the first visitor. This guy is so cute that I had trouble chasing him away. He did make a pig of himself, though. Looks at those stuffed cheeks!



He wasn't adverse to sharing, but the bird wasn't so sure.



DH just left to go fishing on our boat. I was invited to join him but due to a whopper sinus headache, I declined.  I didn't walk with Karen this morning, either, thanks to the same headache. The pain is lessening, but gentle movement is what I am favoring right now. So, football (watching, not playing), some laundry and lots of knitting is what I have planned for today.  
Have a great Sunday, everyone.


No comments: