Friday, March 15, 2013

6 down, 2 to go

I have 2 more chemo treatments to go! I didn't think I would ever get to this point for a while, but the end is in sight.

I have been knitting a lot lately. The body of Shellseeker is finished and the first sleeve is more than half knitted. Bob's sock are well on their way also. Both heels turned and one sock has about 3 inches of a leg knitted. This morning, though I had committed to knitting on only those 2 projects, I picked up Call Me Cordelia shawl and knitted 8 rows. I knew I would be knitting on Shellseeker and the socks while I was at the infusion center getting IV fluids and I wanted something else to knit for a while. It felt good.

This afternoon I spun on my wheel for about 45 minutes. I missed spinning the last couple of days for one reason or another (like chemo) but I made up for at least one day today. I finished one bobbin (the second of three) and started the third. I am spinning a 3 ply to knit the Mariposa cowl. It was a spin/knit along for a Ravelry group but I knew from the start I would not get it finished in the time specified. I was right. I will finish it, though, and do the knitting over the summer when I need small sized projects to knit in the heat.

I would love to spindle spun more of my silk but I think the body aches that are a side effect of this chemo drug will keep me from spindle spinning.

I was hoping for a nice weekend but with rain predicted, and chilly temperatures, I suspect I will be stuck inside most of the weekend. Sigh. My emotions need sunshine and outdoor time. We have a few daffodils poking their leaves up but no flowers or buds yet. We have been talking about that to plant in the veggie garden and that's been fun. It will be about 2 months until we can plant anything, though. I am really impatient for warm weather this year. I am so tired of feeling cold.

Well, have a good weekend, all. Happy St. Patrick's day to you.

1 comment:

EGunn said...

It's always nice to know you're heading down the home stretch, even if the end isn't quite in sight yet. I'm feeling the same impatience for spring and outdoors time, but just knowing that it's coming is nice, too. And I do love planning!