Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sad Ravens fan .... sigh

They lost, and I am very sad about that. I really thought they could do it this year. But they did put up a good fight and that makes it a bit less painful. Sigh. I guess I will have to cheer the Giants on in the Superbowl. I have a brother who is a Giants fan and besides, how could I cheer for the team that beat mine anyway?

I haven't been feeling well - breathing problems brought on by the weather, exacerbating my respiratory illness and headaches, also brought on by weather changes, of which there have been way too many lately - and that is interfering with my life. I haven't been walking because not much exertion causes me to cough and wheeze a bit. I haven't been spinning because when my head hurts, I can't relax and spin the way it needs to be done. Knitting has been going on, though, because there is almost always something I can handle knitting. ; )  

Topiary in Kathmandu is looking good. At first I didn't think the pattern would show off enough in this textured yarn. I kept going because I loved the way it felt and now I am glad I did. The pattern is still a bit hidden but not as much as I thought and it is going to feel soooo good when I wear it.

The Swirl sweater, knitted  with Cascade Rustic is growing. It actually grew a lot during the football games on Sunday. It's mindless, boring knitting that goes well with other activities. I love how it feels and I think it will look great when finished.

The Jeweled Cowl gets a bit of attention now and then just because I enjoy it. I think it's about half completed but I haven't counted rows so I'm not sure. 

Bob's sweater has been ignored in the last week but it hasn't been set aside. I'll get back to it soon.

I think I will be able to get back to the mawata mitts this weekend. The finger has finally healed enough that I can leave the bandaid off and I think I can keep the fibers out of the cut at this point. I'd love to get those finished soon so I can wear them if we get winter back. I also won a package of multi colored mawata (many different colorways in the same package) that I want to knit into a cowl. I like using mawata unspun for knitting. It's different. I draft as I knit rather than drafting lots of mawata (or should that be many?) and then knitting. It's a different rhythm.

Work is terrible right now. Everything is a mess because the offices of Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology are moving, together, to another building. Not only is the move itself interfering with work but after, work will be much harder. We will, of necessity, be less productive because we now have to go range among 4 buildings to get our work done. it's stupid and the administrators don't seem to give a d**m that they are making work that much harder for those of us who see patients in the hospital. No one has privacy or quiet to work in because it's all cubicles, no offices except for the attending doctors. The offices are 2 blocks from the hospital! Bleeping idiot administrators! Why aren't they moving out of the hospital?

Sorry. I get a bit wound up when I think of the stupidity of people who move others around as if they were inanimate objects.

Have a good day and I'll try to do the same.




1 comment:

EGunn said...

I'm sorry about the game and the move...neither is any fun. Or the not-breathing. I do that every once in a while, and that is definitely no fun. The knitting sounds pretty good, though. I really like the stitch pattern in the Topiary, and Swirl looks like it would be a lot of fun to wear! Hope things clear up soon, so you can get back to enjoying your fiber!