Friday, January 13, 2012

It's official

I am over-committed. Fiber wise, work wise and home-wise.

Knitting first (as usual): I have on the needles
1. Bob's sweater, most of which still needs to be knit.
2. Jeweled cowl
3. Riff socks
4. SKYP socks
5. mawata mittens
6. Swirl sweater
Phew!


I have committed to:
1. gloves (it's a Christmas gift) KAL
2. a cowl per month
3. Topiary KAL

All of those are good projects and I want to make them.  I have other things on the needles that I don't consider active projects, but that I'd like to get done at some point. I have to review those soon, frog what's not going to work for some reason and get going on the rest.

Spinning - on the wheel or spindle:
1. silk on spindle
2. grafton batt on wheel
3. masham on spindle
4. Icelandic on spindle

I have so much fiber still to be spun that it's beginning to embarrass me. It was all in one place right after Christmas and I couldn't believe it was all my fiber in those bags. Must get to work on it soon.

Work - I don't think I can even get into that. Suffice it to say that I will be working on cloning some time soon.

Home - I really want to de-clutter and re-organize. I have to get over my "let's save it in case", but how to strike a balance between that and wasting because in some cases "in case" happens is a puzzle to me. I made some progress over the weekend. I got rid of a lot of old business papers and photographs from our old photography business. There's more of that to go, but I think the worst is done.Yippee!

I want to exercise every day. I get home from work after 6 most days and, because I get up a little after 5 AM, go to bed by 10 PM. That's not a lot of time for dinner, dishes, exercise, spending time with DH and fiber time. Somehow I have to work that out.

I obviously have my work cut out for me. I had best get to it.

Have a good Purple Friday, and Go Ravens!!!!!!






1 comment:

EGunn said...

I know how you feel! It seems I am always overcommitted, somehow. At least most fibery things don't come with deadlines!

Hope work and life calm down so that you can get to your fun things, too!