Friday, July 15, 2011

Yarn and Fiber Dyeing Day Photos

I hosted a dyeing day at my house over the weekend. It was much hotter than I would have liked, but we had some artistic people creating beautiful yarn and fiber. Here are some photos. I am sorry about the sideways photos. There was a problem somewhere.

Dip dyed fiber

Hand painted yarn
Yarn in a crock pot, dye powder sprinkled over it to over dye the pink I didn't like.
Falkland fiber painted with Easter egg dye. Not a success. It's too pastel.
Hand painted fiber



This is a twist yarn with one ply that takes the dye differently than the rest. it will be a sweater for me at some point, but I have to over dye it - the 4 skeins are not close to the same color.



Cladonia progress - I finished the body of the shawl, so it's time to start the lace edging. I will use the main color for the edging, then may do the picot bind off in that or the contrasting color. I haven't decided yet. I am excited to have reached this point, though.

I bound off the sock!!!! FO alert!!! yippee! I finished the Calendula socks, including weaving in ends. They need a good soak and then will get packed up and sent off. Now I have to concentrate on the fronts of my sweater. I really want to finish it by the end of the month.

1 comment:

EGunn said...

I love seeing what different people create from the same starting materials. I've had a couple of small dyeing days at my house, and that's always the best part! Looks like you had a productive group.