Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Thanksgiving for me is really a holiday. It's a fun day filled with eating and football and bringing the Christmas dishes out of storage to start the Christmas season. It's not that I am not thankful for things, especially this year. It's more that I am conscious of the good things in my life and thankful for them throughout the year. I don't feel the need to make this specific day a day of thankfulness. I can honestly say that I am consciously and specifically thankful for something each and every day.

That being said, I am looking forward to football, dinner, using the Christmas dishes for the first time this holiday season, raking leaves and time at inside to knit and spin. I may do a bit of holiday shopping, but maybe not. Both of my sons have jobs (yippee!) and so we will work the dinner plans around work schedules. That's not actually a hardship for us since either or both of us have had jobs for most of our married lives that involved working weekends, holidays and shift work.

Happy Thanksgiving, however you celebrate.

No comments: