Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Summer Blossoms



My mother gave me a starter peony a few years ago. I love the blossoms and scent, though I don't usually bring them in the house due to the bugs that also love the sweetness. I do walk over near them every day to enjoy them, though, and that brings me closer to these cute little flowers.



Carnations in pink. They, too, have a wonderful scent, unlike the ones you get from a florist.





In order to get to both of these flowers, I am required to walk past our little pond in the front yard, where this little beauty is open right now. Some summers we get one flower all year. This is the 4th so far this year. Somebody is happy. ; )



We'll be leaving for Montauk in the early morning hours and I can't wait. I finished my work work for the day (I worked a half day at home) and can going with the packing of the car.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will see you next week.

No comments: