Friday, April 10, 2009

Knitting content

I worked 10.5 hours yesterday. I intended to work 4-6 hours since I am still recovering from my foot surgery. My foot has been elevated all day today. I haven't been this sore since the first week after surgery. I've been catching up with blogs but plan to hit the recliner and do nothing but knit after this post.

I have completed both fronts and most of the back on the blue striped sweater. I mis-read the shaping directions on the fronts and bound off too many stitches so I will have to re-knit just the top (above the arm holes) sections of each front. That will not take long, though, so I hope to have front and back joined this weekend and begin the sleeves. The back has less than 12 rows to go.



The Honka double knit scarf has gotten longer but I did not photograph that. The sock is much longer, now. I plan to knit about 2 inches of ribbing, depending on how much yarn I use up in that effort.



I still love the colors.



The grey striped sweater has not grown at all since I started the blue striped sweater. Shame on me. Bob's white cotton sweater has grown, though. That's a pat on the back. I have not yet resumed work on Laminaria. That's mostly because now that I am back to work, I am tired towards the end of the day and afraid to knit on it while tired. It's also because I am in love with my new sweater.

It's along weekend for me due to the Easter holiday. I hope to enjoy some good weather, some outdoor knitting time and to get some housework done that hasn't been done since I had surgery. Bob is great, and actually eldest son has been great also, helping out with things, but they just don't see what I see needs doing. I am by no means a clean freak - I am very laid back when it comes to house cleaning. There are some things that need to be done, though. If my foot recovers from yesterday. Right now I can't even get it into my 2 sizes too big sneaker that I bought just for this purpose. Rest and elevate. Toes as high as the nose. That's what's in store for me for the rest of today. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Karen Frisa said...

You couldn't even get your foot inside your big sneaker? Oh no!! I hope things are better today. I know you're good about taking good care of yourself and doing the right thing.