Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 25 was a great summer day

Well, I was a bit surprised by the temperature yesterday but loved being out on the boat in it. It was mostly sunny, a few clouds passed us by but it was not so hot that we were uncomfortable. No luck fishing but we spent a wonderful day on the water. We managed to escape being caught on the water during the thunder storm that was unexpected by us and passed very close. We were back at the dock and had our stuff unloaded when it came through. Lightning on the water is very dangerous. Frequently, you, on the boat, are the highest thing around - not what you want to be during lightning. LOL

I just put my blue striped sweater pieces in to soak in preparation for blocking! I also put both boatneck swatches in for a soak. I can't wait to get started on that. I discovered a few problems with the charts, though. More on that once I have official confirmation that what I think is wrong is actually incorrect.

Laundry has been washed and put on the line to dry. Carpets have been vacuumed - one more to go. I plan to settle on the swing on the back deck and knit away on Bob's sweater - I am working on ribbing at the bottom edge. I plan to do 3 inches, so it will be a while. Then I have to decide whether to knit the sleeves from the shoulder down or the cuff up. I prefer the shoulder down, but I had trouble picking up the right number of stitches on the sleeve before and I thought it might be easier to just knit form the cuff up and worry about fitting the sleeves into the openings later. More thought needs to go into that. First the bottom edge ribbing.

I am off to block sweater pieces. I may have photos later of that. For now, have a great evening.

No comments: