Monday, June 23, 2008

Rainbows (lots of photos)

Karen and I just got back from walking. We almost didn't go - I am not thrilled with walking in the rain. Recently, though, there have been a few times when we didn't walk due to rain and then found that it only drizzled so we could have. Tonight I was not going to let that happen. We did get wet, though it was on the tail end of the walk and actually felt good by that time (it helped cool us off a little). Near the end of the walk we got our reward. We saw a beautiful rainbow in the sky - very faint at first, then deepening colors, and then we saw another, just offset from the first one! 

We made our own rainbows over the weekend. I had a few friends over and we dyed yarn and fiber. Everyone had a different method of working but the results were great no matter how it was done.  


We dyed fiber:






































And we dyed yarn:





and we dyed sock blanks. We are all anxious to see how the sock blank looks when it is knitted up. I'll try to get a photo of the one I painted when it is dry.

We knitted and ate and chatted and steamed in the warm, humid weather. At the end of the day we had beautiful fiber and multi-colored hands. LOL.

On Saturday DH and I went out on the boat. We had great weather. The mid to late afternoon into the evening is our favorite time of day to be on the water and the weather cooperated and did not send any thunderstorms our way. No fish were caught but we enjoyed the evening, dinner and I enjoyed knitting.

This morning it was back to work. I have another monitor visit this week - hopefully that will go smoothly. It will be too busy for me to work from home any day this week, but my first experiment with that went well, so I do believe it will happen again. Have a great week.






No comments: