Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Starting and Finishing

Cattails is finished! I hope to get photos once it is finished drying after a blocking that I hope will relax the front edging enough that it lays flat on my neck. Fingers crossed. I don't really want to rip out the front edge and have to knit it differently.

I did start the Chic Knits Hoodie, lace version. I just divided for the body last night. The pattern requires some adjustment for fit due to my yarn not being the same weight as the pattern calls for. So far, so good. I will have fewer stitches in each row now that the sleeve stitches are on holders so the body should grow fast and I like the lace panel. I'll try to get some photos tonight and post them.

I went to the Savage Mill yarn party on Sunday with Angela. I had never been before. They squeeze a lot of vendors into a small space which makes shopping a little difficult, but most people seemed to be considerate. I bought a snap bag for notions (I fell in love with the fabric and the opening) and a set of 4 buttons made with zebrawood. I have no idea where I will use them but they were too pretty to leave behind. My 1 yarn purchase was a skein of Dragonfly Fibers Djinni sock yarn. My colorway was Eastern Bluebird. I love it! Even though I kept picking up skeins of tonal or solid colors, trying to convince myself to stick with the plan, I couldn't put this one down and came home with it. Angela bought the same colorway but in a different yarn. :-)

I worried the whole way home that I wouldn't find anything to make with it due to the color variation and it would be forever just a skein of yarn. We made a pact to find a project and cast on that night so it wouldn't just be pretty yarn and would actually be kit into something. We both succeeded. I am knitting Terraform and Angela is knitting futur simple.

The convertible mitts for eldest son's girlfriend have gone by the wayside for a while. I just can't keep my hands off the new stuff! I will finish them, but apparently not soon. :-(

It's snowing right now. It looks like a blizzard out there until you get close enough to look down on the ground and realize that it is not (thank goodness!) sticking. Everything is getting wet but that's all. Big smile! Enjoy your day.

PS I have found the crocus and tulips. Yippee!!

No comments: