Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Knitting and Spinning

I haven't updated you all on my recent knitting projects. I finally finished kitting the sleeves on Bob's sweater and they fit and it is complete. I gave it to him and he wore it a half dozen times in the first week! I think he likes it. ;-)

I finished Driftwood, bought buttons that I love and can't wait to wear it. It's a mostly cotton yarn so it will have to be layered or wait until spring.

I finished the Millers Hat that I started in Rhinebeck, it fits well and I like the way it feels and looks. it keeps me nice and warm. I am still adjusting to the idea of short hair and my head is cold a lot of the time.

I finished a test knit headband. I did not get the row gauge specified so it is narrower than I had hoped but I plan to find other yarn and make more. The design is simple but looks classy, I think. It's called Thula.

I have resurrected a pair of socks that I was knitting for bob a while ago in STR medium weight. The pattern is the Escalator socks and I really like it and the yarn. It is soft and squishy. I am heading towards the toe now (and will probably run short of yarn but DH won't mind another color used for the toes. I like a nice long sock leg) and hope to finish the first sock within a week or so.

Atelier is cruising along. I am down near the lower edge band, still have half sleeves to knit and the pocket liner to knit but the majority of the knitting is complete. I'd like to have this finished by the new year but I'm not sure I'll make it. That would be the last of the sweaters on the needles and I'd like to start clean for the new year with the KAL for Cattails that Melanie, Angela and I have planned.

I hope to continue with my WIP finishing well into the new year. I had a lot of things started last winter, started more when my interests and knitting ability changed with the cancer treatments, and now I would like to work towards clearing those out. I want to wear most of them and can give away the 1 or 2 that I might no longer like so I really do want to finish them. I'll keep plugging away and hope that I can get through at least half of them before I get castonitits again. ;-))

I also want to spin more next year. Spinning was the first thing to go with the cancer treatments. I miss it, but still don't have enough energy most days by the time I get home from work, eat dinner, clean up after dinner (yes, my DH cooks) and do my exercises to spin. Knitting is easier. I hope that by pushing now with the exercises that I will have gained some "spare" energy by January and can find even 10 minutes a few nights a week to spin again. I have a wonderful Shetland fleece to spin and many other braids and smaller projects to finish up.

I would love to post photos of all of these projects and will try to get them up. I also need modeled photos of the sweaters to be taken. I'll get to work on that.

Meanwhile, I think I will go knit on Ateler. And the escalator socks. Oh, and the Bernhardt sweater that I am making a vest version of for Mom. Those are my knitting priorities for now. Have a wonderful day and drive safely if you have been hit by the recent winter storms.

1 comment:

EGunn said...

That's a lot of finishing! Glad you're feeling up to knitting, at least, and I hope spinning isn't long after. Maybe that will be your New Year's gift...a whole new year of energy for spinning. =)