Thursday, December 13, 2012

Knitting for sanity

I've been knitting away to keep my brains and everything else from running away. I have cancer.

I have breast cancer and its an aggressive cancer that requires chemo and surgery, possibly radiation too. I had no clue, was not expecting this at all. One morning I found a lump and then my life as I knew it ended.

I've been doing lots of waiting - for appointments, tests and information and I've been knitting my through that. I'll be doing more waiting and then lots of sitting through chemo infusions.

My friends have been wonderful. Coworkers, knitting friends, other friends, everyone has been so supportive. I feel so lucky in that way. I've had offers of rides and meals and even help washing a new fleece that just arrived! I get funny text messages, emails with cute or funny pictures and jokes. I can't put into words how much that stuff means to me. Just making me smile once during a bad morning is so wonderful!

My family - my husband and both sons have been great. I just told Mom and my brothers and they have also been supportive and offered to come down (from NY), help out, listen when I need to  cry or vent. I am so lucky to have family and friends like this. Thank you all.

3 comments:

Melodye said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

Melodye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EGunn said...

Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear that. Here's hoping for good treatment, capable doctors, and fast recovery! (Also, lots of good knitting time.)