Sunday, February 05, 2012

Superbowl Day

The Ravens aren't there but I'll cheer on the Giants. I was, after all, born in NY. Besides, the Pats bumped us out of the playoffs. Go Big Blue!


I spent a lot of time knitting yesterday. I dropped a metal shelf on my foot on Friday at work. It didn't hurt until several hours later, but when it did, it hurt a lot! So, I spent the day on the couch with my foot eleveated and knitted. I finished the first glove of the pair I am knitting with Carol, who gave me the yarn for Christmas.



 
 
I'll cast on the second glove in the next few days. First I want to finish up my mawata mittens. The one on the left is almost finsihed, then they both need thumbs.



 
Topiary is a very enjoyable knitting project. I have just started the 4th pattern repeat. They take a while, but it's fun knitting - lots going on but not so much that I feel like I am struggling to pay attention.
 

 
 
I bought a spindle. It's a kundert that someone in a Ravelry group was de-stashing. It's 1.5 ounces and spins forever! I am now a Kundert fan. Cherry wood, posed on my shetland roving that is one of the study group fibers for this month.



This is the status of my jeweled cowl. I had put it aside to work on other projects but have taken it out and it gains a couple of rows at a time.


Teeswater - my first sample skein. It's not as even as it could  be so I'll be working on that as I spin the rest of the locks (seen below)

Teeswater locks, washed and ready for combing.


This is Shetland raw fleece, received during a swap last year.

I flicked most of it and plan to spin it as is. I haven't even washed it. It's lamb shetland and feels soooo nice.


I took a small amount and combed it. If I have trouble spinning the flicked fiber, or don't like the result, I'll comb the rest.

The Swirl sweater will be growing tonight - it's a wonderful football game knit.







Go Big Blue

1 comment:

EGunn said...

Beautiful spindle! I have a Kundert, and I think it's my favorite. I'd love to hear what you think of the Teeswater; I've heard good things, but have never tried it myself. It's such a different wool, it must be fun to try.

Topiary is looking great! I love the look of cables; wish I'd managed to fall in love with knitting them! Branden is really hankering after a fishermen's sweater, so I'm going to have to learn to love them soon!