Friday, November 25, 2011

The Vest is finished


The vest is finished. I am very please with both the look and the fit. Considering that this was a first - knitted sideways, designed by me garment, I am very pleased.  The yarn is Domy heather in three shades of gray in a fibonacci stripe sequence. Here it is, pinned out for blocking.





Closer up view of the top and neckline:


Closer up view of the bottom edge, which I made wider than the other edges despite the torture of what seemed like endless tiny rows of garter stitch. ; )



Here is Brian's Binary Cable hat. It's a bit big for me but his head is bigger so I think it will be fine for him. this is handspun yarn, 2 different colorways plied together with a third, solid black. I like it a lot. I am going to try to design a scarf to go with it.  


We are off now to go boating. I hope we have luck with the fishing and have a good weather day. Have a good day.

1 comment:

EGunn said...

Oh! Another FO that's just beautiful. You really are on quite a roll over here. I am not so big on the stripes usually, but I love these. (That's the thing with stripes...I love them or I hate them. There is just no middle ground.) The grays and the Fibonacci patterning really work well together.