Saturday, November 12, 2011

The five (or 6) year afghan is complete!

 Rob's afghan had had many starts and stops. Lack of interest, heat, being angry at him for something, etc. The last 3 years it was my boat knitting. The pattern was easily memorized and it utilized worsted weight yarn. On a boat underway, that's important. I made it in stripes, not squares to cut down on the seaming. (very good decision on my part)

Last night I finished the last seam and wove in the last of the ends. Today it gets a soak (being dragged around on the boat, to and from the boat made some parts of it a bit soiled) and will be stretched out to dry. Whew! I feel so good about this .....

ETA photo above.

 I settled on yarn and a pattern to knit for the baby gift I want to make. I love knitting with Mirasol Nuna, it's about the right weight and I found a color that I think the Mom will like. I plan to knit the Ruffles and Ridges baby sweater  in Nuna yarn in Aqua.  I'll search for buttons later. The color is actually a bit lighter than in this photo.
 Finished Marsan watchcap. I love the swirl decreases.

 This is the finished Canaletto Cowl. I love it.
 It's long enough to wear doubled around my neck or even doubled around the neck with a third loop over the head.

 This is my Polwarth spinning in progress. More spinning tonight, I hope.
 This is my Black Welsh Mountain sample skein. You can see the fuzziness, and it's prickly rather than soft fuzzy. It will become an outdoor garment.


I've knitted about 4 inches of sleeve on each side of Rob's sweater and I completed the cabled rows on Brian's Binary cable hat. Next up - either a lace shawl or the sideways vest that needs an edging will be resurrected. Woohoo! On a finishing roll!



I am off to start the weekly laundry battle, shower and shop for flooring for the downstairs bathroom. Have a good day.

2 comments:

EGunn said...

You are on a finishing kick! The afghan is particularly impressive. Knitted afghans have always been my Waterloo; I love them at the beginning, but just can't make myself push through to the end. Congratulations on finishing it!

The scarf looks great, too. Nice and warm, just in time for winter. =)

Linda said...

If only I could get myself back to the great american aran afghan that I started for myself ....