Sunday, January 25, 2015

Snowy disappointment

I am so bummed that the forecast for lots of snow in the Baltimore area has now changed to not much of anything. It looks like the weather will be just enough to totally mess up rush hour but not do anything else. No pretty mounds of snow, no time off, just a PIA. :-(

On a more positive note, I have a completed Shawl Collared Cowl. I have to block it and buy buttons but the knitting is complete. Yippee! One less UFO! And one more pretty knitted thing to wear.
Now my focus is on the Iron Bridge sock (no, I didn't have enough knitting time to complete that) and I can resume knitting on my Capall Dubh cardigan. :-).

The Pro Bowl is on tonight but I just can't wrap my mind around cheering for teams that aren't teams. I'll wait for next weekend and cheer those Seahawks on to victory. :-)

Something exciting happened today. My friend Melanie bought a present for me - a cheering up gift. She brought it by the house today. I have a beautiful blue skein of Wollemeise DK! I'll try to get a photo of it in daylight in the next day or 2. Thanks, Melanie. It most certainly brightened my day.

Take care, everyone, especially if you are in the path of the snow and wind.

No comments: