Friday, August 22, 2014

Football!

I love my football! It's only pre season but I am enjoying having football back in my life. The Ravens played on Saturday night but we were out on the boat. I set the DVR to record the game because I am interested in seeing how the players, new and old, are performing this year. I have high hopes for a good season. I predict a 12/4 season this year. I sat and watched most of the game this afternoon while knitting away (and doing laundry). I knitted on the sleeve of my Chic Knits Hoodie and got as far as starting the ribbing. I knit on a sample (I won't keep this) of the Robin shawl for a friend who bought the pattern but was puzzled by the construction. I'll show her what I did and shell probably start hers up again. I also knit on the Euclid sock that I started last week. It took quite a while to get the construction but now that I have the first triangle started, I am good to go and think I will really enjoy this pattern. I'm not sure who the recipient is yet. 

Yesterday I had an MRI, went bead shopping with Melanie and then we went out on the boat. It was a gorgeous day! I didn't have my camera with me but the sunset was just as pretty as last week. I didn't do any fishing this time, though. I just sat and enjoyed the day. I had minor surgery for an ingrown toe mail and needed to keep the foot clean and dry and not stepped on. :-). I knitted on Viajante before we got on the boat (on the drive to the marina) and on the Os scarf and the hoodie while on the boat. 

ETA  It's now Friday night and I have just started another weekend. No boating planned this week. :-(
We'll stay around the house and do yard work and house work. It has to be done some time and the weather isn't supposed to be all that great so I suppose it's OK. 

The Euclid sock has a cuff and 3 triangles. I hope to get the 4th triangle done tomorrow and be ready to start the second tier. The Chic Knits Hoodie has the start of a hood. I picked up the stitches and knitted about an inch last night. This baby will be finished soon. :-)  The On the Beach pullover gets some attention (like tonight) but not as much as the hoodie. That's because the hoodie is closer to being finished and I really need the satisfaction of finishing something. The Zigzagular socks have also had some attention. 

One of eldest son's cats died a few days ago. She was an older cat that he adopted from the humane society and had been battling an infection for quite a while. I am happy that we gave her a happy home for the time we had her, though it wasn't long enough. We'll miss her. 

I hope to fit in some spinning this weekend, and I'd love to finish the hood of the hoodie. All that would be left would be button bands at that point. I'll try to rotate in some of my other UFOs as I finish things, but nothing else is really close to being finished right now. Knit, knit, knit.

Have a good weekend and Go Ravens!!!!!

No comments: