Wednesday, August 07, 2013

More than Half way Through!!!!!!

I have 12 of 33 treatments to go! The end is in sight and I can't wait to get back to normal. Actually, it will be a new normal, but no more treatments!!! Yippee!! Labor Day weekend will be my rest, recuperate and celebrate weekend.

Meanwhile, I have been knitting. I finished the first sock in the pair of 2 different pairs of socks. There is a cabled pair, called Little Deschutes being knit in a kelly green Cascade heritage sock yarn and a beaded pair called Walking Through the Maze Gardens. I have cast on the second Maze Gardens sock. I also cast on for my long delayed Ravens socks. I have had the yarn for these socks for years but never took the time to knit them. I will make them striped, plain stockinette so that they are easy to knit while watching football and easily identified as Baltimore Ravens socks. ; )

I have a lot of UFOs that I would like to finish up but I needed a boat knitting project and so I cast on one more thing .... It's the Driftwood sweater. I am knitting it in Cascade Sierra in Ginger and a blue color. I have not yet decided whether I will knit it as a pullover or convert to cardigan. I am trying to knit more on other things - the socks, for instance - and only knit on that when we are driving or boating. I am not 100% successful but doing pretty well. I have quite a few UFOs that are smaller things that I thought I would have finished by now but that's how it goes sometimes. With everything else going on in my life I am not going to stress over what order I finished knitting projects in.

I am getting settled back into work, readjusting to working 5 days/week. Since I am still dealing with radiation I am not able to work longer than 8 hours (and might even have to cut that in the last week or so) but I am getting through work every day. That is a huge accomplishment for me.

The veggie garden is a disappointment this year but I am hearing that from a lot of people, so it's not just us. Actually it has been Bob's garden this year since I have been unable to do much with it. We had lots of cucumbers for a while but the plants are already dying off. We have only had a few tomatoes (they are there but stay green) and green peppers. It looks like we might get a few watermelons this year and I have hope for potatoes.

That's all for now. I think I am going to try to get one of my sons to figure out the tansfer of pictures from camera to computer so I can show you what I have been working on. I just can't be bothered it seems. ;-)
Have a good day.

1 comment:

EGunn said...

It's great that the end is in sight! Not long at all, now...