Monday, August 12, 2013

Driftwood

The Driftwood sweater grew this weekend. We went out on the boat on Saturday - it was a wonderful day on the water. We were both (DH and I) refreshed and renewed mentally and emotionally after a nice water fix. ;-)

I love the 2 colors I chose for the Driftwood sweater. I hope they love me when it comes time to wear it. I usually stay away from all orangey colors and this one is called Ginger. Lots of people at the yarn store voted for it when I narrowed it down to 2 options. My Maze Garden second sock got some attention - the cuff is complete (a very tedious k1tbl, p1 rib) and I am ready for pattern knitting. My new KAL project, the Ilima socks also got some attention. I was right - the pattern is easy to memorize, so it will make a great travel project when I don't want to knit on the Ravens socks, which are also getting longer - I am working on the heel gusset now. I should have 1 sock finished by the first regular season game.

Has everyone's garden been a problem this year? I feel like mine (actually, Bob's, since he has been doing all of the work) was not so great. The cucumber plants have all died off and the tomatoes are not ripening. We should get some corn and a few watermelons but that's it. :-((

That's all for today. I am really going to try to update this blog more often and see if I can figure out how to upload photos. Have a great week.

1 comment:

EGunn said...

I find that some time at the water fixes most anything. I don't get out there enough, though.

Sorry your garden isn't doing well! I only have herbs this year, but they've been loving it. It's been an odd summer weather-wise. Hot in June when it should be cool, cool in August when the tomatoes need to ripen. Who knows!