Friday, January 23, 2009

Busy, busy week

Work has been very busy and one of my study patients has been having one complication after another. It's very sad - she's only 32 and not likely to live to 33. She has 2 children and loving parents who will be lost without her.

I haven't been able to get much knitting done because of work, but what I've done has gone well. I started a cowl with that yummy wool/silk blend I purchased in southern Maryland. 


Look at this close up of the colors - aren't they great? Nice and deep without being dark or glaring.

The pattern is Wave

It's an easy pattern to knit, with short rows making the purl rows gently wave up and down. I have to put it on waste yarn next and see whether, if I make it longer, it will go over my head should I want that. If not, I will cast off and make fingerless mitts with the remainder of the yarn.

I started some Maryland Terrapins socks for my son in red, white, black and gold. Maybe I can get photos in the daylight tomorrow. It is time to figure out which toe up heel I want to use for these socks 'cause the first foot is there.

I came to a screeching halt on my side to side shades of grey vest (isn't that a nice run on sentence/descriptor?). I didn't like the increase edge. I showed it to Karen last night at the Needle Exchange at the LYS and she suggested that I cast on 2 stitches at the edge instead of increasing. I will try that, and if it doesn't work I will have to come up with another plan for this yarn. I've already tried 3 other methods of increasing and they all looked worse than what I have now, which is not acceptable. I can see the vest- I just have to figure out how to make it happen. I have the stripe sequence worked out and that looks  just as I had hoped. I know what shaping I want - V neck starting just under the bust, and about mid-thigh length. Most likely an I cord edging to remove (or at least limit) the curling of the stockinette stitch body. *All* I have to now  is make it happen. LOL.

I think my next project will be a shawl. I've been feeling the urge and the package of lace yarn that I won has made that urge stronger .....

Have a great weekend.

No comments: